Whether you make a one-off donation or a regular gift, every penny you donate makes a huge difference to help us support local people who experience distress or isolation because of their mental health difficulties.

There are many ways you can donate to St Helens Mind.


You can make a one-off donation or become a regular giver to support local people by making a secure donation online.  Make your donation Donate – Donation amount – JustGiving. Don’t forget to email us to tell us about your gift so we can thank you for your efforts. 

JustGiving page 

If you have raised money online via setting up an online fundraising page with Just Giving, you do not have to do anything else. The site automatically pays money to St Helens Mind.  

Bank transfer 

If you want to make a bank transfer, please call us on 01744 385137 or email us to provide details of your donation so we can confirm safe receipt. 


Bank transfer (BACS) account number: 91742027

Sort code: 40-37-21

By post 

Write a cheque to St Helens Mind, Millennium House, 8 Bickerstaffe Street, St Helens

WA10 1DH. For security reasons, please do not send cash in the post.  

Gift Aid counts and costs you nothing!

Gift Aid is a tax relief allowing UK charities to reclaim an extra 25% in tax on every eligible donation made by a UK taxpayer.

Gift Aid should not be claimed when:

  • Making a donation in return for tickets (raffles, events and auctions) or goods and services (including ‘experience’ days). This is because they are not ‘freewill’ gifts – you are getting something in return for your donation. If we decide a donation has been incorrectly marked as eligible for Gift Aid, we can’t submit it.
  • Making a donation on behalf of someone else or a group of people. For example, if a friend gives you £10 which you donate to your Fundraising Page using your own card and details. Even if your friend is a UK taxpayer, the donation is not eligible because HMRC needs to know the details of the person actually contributing the funds.
  • Making a donation on behalf of a company. You can only make Gift Aid declarations on your own taxpayer status when spending your own money. However, a company can claim tax relief on the donation when donating directly to the charity.
  • Making a donation to a family member who’s taking part in an event and their charity is contributing to the cost. For example, if you’re donating to a close family member who is doing an overseas trek and the charity is paying for the cost of their trip.

Fundraising Regulator

St Helens Mind is registered with the Fundraising Regulator, the independent regulator of charitable fundraising and follows the regulator’s Fundraising Code of Practice.